Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What monitor can I use for my Mac Pro?

This has probably been asked before but I can't find anything quite like what I'm asking...

I would really like a monitor for my MacBook Pro (mid 2012) but I'm so confused about whether things will actually look good on the external screen! I know that my Mac can support a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600, but it's native is 1280 x 800 which I thought was meant to mean this is the highest resolution?

The monitor I was looking at was an Acer 21.5" IPS LED full HD (1920 x 1080), with the right adaptor etc. will the screen look okay?! So confused haha.

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 3:25 PM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2015 1:31 PM in response to k8yo_0

Hi there k8yo_0,

Sounds like you want some clarification on what the native resolution is vs. the supported resolution on your mid 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro. The native resolution is the maximum supported resolution for the built in display. So this sentence from the specs page:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) - Technical Specifications

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Means that your Mac can display the 1200x800 resolution on the build in monitor, and up to 2560x1600 on a connected external monitor. So your monitor should with the correct adapter.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

What monitor can I use for my Mac Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.