Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check disk errors that may be bootcamp related

Hello, I'm having a problem with my iMac 27" late 2012/2013.

I have crashplan and had to send them data because of some errors with restoring backups.

Some of the information in the logs show

kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk1s4, pid 44): ntfs_attr_inode_read_or_create(): Failed to lookup attribute (error 5).

and kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk1s4, pid 44){ ntfs_attr_inode_read_or_create(): Failed (error) for attribue indoe 0x257ba, attribute type 0x80, name_len 0xc, Run chkdsk.

Could this be the result of my bootcamp win 7 installation having issues?

Some of the symptoms are the computer gets the spinning beach ball of death after being up for some time and I can't get control back and wind up hot starting it, which is never good. This happens on the OS X side or the Bootcamp partition.

I thought of destroying the BC partition format and reinstall or just blow the whole thing and start from scratch.

Sometimes a chkdsk will fix the problem but more often it will just reappear later on down the road.

Any suggestions?

ej

P.S. I'm at work now so I can't get any more information from the system until I get home.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 1TB fusion drive

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 6:02 PM

There are no replies.

How to check disk errors that may be bootcamp related

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.