Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse is frozen on iMac using Mavericks.

My mouse is frozen in the left upper corner on my +/- 2009 that is running Mavericks. I have restarted several times and that did not fix the problem. Have started in Safe Mode, Recovery, original install disc but can't get past initial screen because mouse still does not work. In hopes that the mouse had died I purchased a new Trackpad today and it does not stay connected either. Is there some way to access utilities, etc. with the keyboard. Hope to be able to fix the issue myself as taking it to a certified repair shop is a 120+ mile round trip.

Suggestions? Point me in the right direction, please 😟

iMac

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 5:05 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 8:17 AM in response to seventy one

Have not been experimenting nor use the swipe feature with the mouse or trackpad unless its purely by accident. Although my keyboard is working, which indicates that bluetooth is working, the mouse and/or the trackpad continue not to connect. Is there a shortcut key on the keyboard that will turn the bluetooth off and back on again to reset? Otherwise, I continue to be stuck.

Thanks for the suggestion seventy one.

Mouse is frozen on iMac using Mavericks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.