Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove all the duplicates that show up in my Contacts (other than one at a time)?

Magically, all my contacts list is in three's. Awhile ago, when this happened, I meticulously deleted the duplicates, one at a time, but I'm dealing with hundreds of them now. There must be a way to "fix" duplicated like there is in Yahoo. Does anyone know how to do it?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 7:36 PM

Evening Harriet:

Do you use iCloud at all? If so, check on the left side of your contacts to see if you are in "iCloud", "on my Mac" or "all Contacts"

If you are using "all Contacts" you will see duplicate items from your Mac and iCloud. You can either switch your view to your Mac or iCloud.

Duplicates should disappear.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 7:36 PM in response to Harriet Christakos

Evening Harriet:

Do you use iCloud at all? If so, check on the left side of your contacts to see if you are in "iCloud", "on my Mac" or "all Contacts"

If you are using "all Contacts" you will see duplicate items from your Mac and iCloud. You can either switch your view to your Mac or iCloud.

Duplicates should disappear.

How can I remove all the duplicates that show up in my Contacts (other than one at a time)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.