Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Action to send email from within other apps is broken in iOS 8.3?

Using the Action button to use the 'send email' action from within an app seems to be broken after upgrade to iOS 8.3? I have an iPad 3 and updated to iOS 8.3. The native email program works, but can not send email as an Action option from another app. The 'send' button will be faded out and does not respond to a finger press. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?

Doug Dyer

addyer@telus.net

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 3:17 AM

No, that works fine for me in iOS 8.3. Presumably you are filling in the To: and Subject: fields?

Try the standard troubleshooting steps in this order:

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). No data will be lost.

Restore: Connect your device to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

See here for more details on restore: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 3:17 AM in response to Doug.ie

No, that works fine for me in iOS 8.3. Presumably you are filling in the To: and Subject: fields?

Try the standard troubleshooting steps in this order:

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). No data will be lost.

Restore: Connect your device to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

See here for more details on restore: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Jun 3, 2015 12:49 PM in response to JimHdk

Thank you Jim for your interest in helping me troubleshoot my email problem. This seems to occur only with some apps. For example in Flipboard and Qrreader I am unable to send an article forward by email using the email option after pressing the action button (Send is faded out) but it does work with Feedly and Zite. This only changed after I updated to iOS 8.3, so perhaps it is relalted only to some apps not being completely compatible with 8.3? Resetting and rebooting the iPad does not seem to have any effect on this particular issue, but as usual was a very good suggestion. Thank you for your interest.

DOug Dyer

VIctoria BC

Action to send email from within other apps is broken in iOS 8.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.