Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now I'm upset...

My wife and I finally decided to upgrade from our stupid-phones to iPhone 6 smartphones. In the first two days, I had two issues and, in both cases, I became thoroughly disgusted with Apple Support.

First, I was unable to transfer photos from my Mac iPhoto app to the iPhones. We have a single iPhoto library on a disk partition (separated from the OS) with ownership ignored so that my wife and I can access the same library. We've had that setup since iPhoto was introduced. I wanted go into my Mac login to send pics of my choice to my iPhone and I wanted my wife to go into her log in and send pics of her choice to her iPhone. iCloud would be the perfect intermediary in both cases. My login had already been configured with my iCloud account and her login had been configured to access her iCloud account.

Well, I couldn't configure the system to work properly. I want through the first level Apple rep and a "senior advisor," both of whom insisted that "IOS-8 is not compatible with iPhoto." Well, since it was working with my 8.3 iPod, I disagreed vehemently. After a full hour, I was eventually transferred to an IOS SME who walked me through the situation and got it working for both of us in minutes.

A day later I signed up for ApplePay with one of my CCs. The CC company sent me a message stating that some vendors might ask me for the last five digits of the card but I should give them the last five digits of the Device Account Number instead. They gave instructions how to get that DAN but I could see only ... followed by the last two numbers. I called the CC number and they told me that they merely repeated Apple's instructions for locating that number. I browsed the Apple FAQs and located the identical wording on the Apple site.

I called Apple and the first level rep told me that ApplePay is no longer supported and it's been replaced by AppleCare! Thinking that she misunderstood what I stated, I repeated carefully and she repeated her answer. Trying to avoid a heart attack, I quietly but firmly asked to be transferred to a Senior Advisor. After a half-hour with no success, the SA put me on hold. After another half-hour (still on hold), I hung up and received a call-back twenty minutes afterwards. The SA told me that she discussed the matter with her supervisor and that the only solution was to delete the card from ApplePay and to reinstall it. I then quietly but firmly told the SA that I had resolved the problem myself. She asked me what was the solution and I was tempted to tell her to go to a hot place but I did tell her the solution - reduce the font size to display the entire number, copy it down and then put the font size back where I want it.

I bought my first Mac shortly after the Super Bowl commercial and have never owned anything else. Now, I'm having my doubts.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 6:12 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 6:38 PM in response to ckuan

ckuan wrote:

Photos replaces iPhoto in the latest Mac OS X Yosemite.

That is incorrect. Photos and iPhoto can both reside with OS 10.10.3. I have both on my iMac and my MBP.

ckuan wrote:

IOS iPhoto (I'd paid for that) is no longer supported in IOS devices.

That is correct. However, it also correct that pics can be transferred wirelessly from 10.10.3 iMac iPhoto to the Photos app on IOS 8.3 devices. I'm doing it with two separate logins on each of two 10.10.3 Macs and two 8.3 iPhone-6 devices and one 8.3 iPod.

Jun 2, 2015 6:53 PM in response to Philly_Phan

That is incorrect. Photos and iPhoto can both reside with OS 10.10.3. I have both on my iMac and my MBP.

Yes, they're both on my Mac as well, but that's not the point I'm making.

However, it also correct that pics can be transferred wirelessly from 10.10.3 iMac iPhoto to the Photos app on IOS 8.3 devices. I'm doing it with two separate logins on each of two 10.10.3 Macs and two 8.3 iPhone-6 devices and one 8.3 iPod.

I'd say "IOS iPhoto (I'd paid for that) is no longer supported in IOS devices".

Of course, you can use iPhoto since Photos is only available to the computer that can upgrade to the latest OS X.

I wonder how long before support for iPhoto ceased.

Now I'm upset...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.