Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wondered if my iPhone could be saved after a long swim in the washing machine? The answer is YES!

I answered my own question by experimenting. I figured I had nothing to lose. After washing my iPhone in the pocket of my bathrobe, and putting the wash cycle on an extra soak, I estimated that my iPhone was submerged and agitated in water for at least an hour. After discovering the iPhone at the bottom of the washer I immediately got in the car and went to the store to buy another phone. When I got home, I felt bad throwing the old wet phone away, so I went online and saw a few posts about putting the iPhone in rice. I didn't have any rice in the pantry so I put my iPhone in the Wolf Range oven (that has a pilot light and stays about 75-80 degrees warm at all times). I made sure the "hole" for the battery was pointing up so that water could evaporate out the hole and I waited 11 days. I did not mess with the phone. I left it in a coma. And I left a note on the oven to NOT TURN THE OVEN ON. Just my luck, someone in the family would turn the oven on by accident and melt the poor plastic blob. Finally, I decided to be brave and see if the iPhone was alive. I took it out of the oven and turned it on. Yippee-skippy, it worked! Photos, old contacts, email, everything worked!!

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 6:59 PM

1 reply

I wondered if my iPhone could be saved after a long swim in the washing machine? The answer is YES!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.