Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add bookmarks in Safari?

Hi!

This started happening only recently as I was able to add bookmarks in Safari with no problems, I'm using an iPod touch 5th Generation running the latest version of iOS which is 8.3.

I noticed something odd in my bookmarks as seen here:

User uploaded file

There was an empty slot at the bottom that wouldn't go away so what I did was to create another new folder, moved all my bookmarks from "Games And Guides" onto the temporary created folder, and deleted this one, there were a few other folders that were affected by this "empty bookmark slots" and I did the same thing for them, moved my marks and deleted the "infected" ones but after I'm done doing that, whatever websites I try to bookmark now, regardless whether it is saved to this particular folder, new folder or just bookmarking in general, the bookmark will not appear, even adding to the Reading List doesn't work. What gives?

I hope I don't have to restore or anything as I doubt I have any backup and even if I did, I don't have sufficient space on my laptop.

Any and all advice appreciate! I bookmark a lot of game sites and this is frustrating, I can use Google Chrome app (and it saved bookmark just fine) but I'm too used to Safari.

Thanks, appreciate any and all replies.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:06 PM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 1:52 AM in response to defunct32

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Unable to add bookmarks in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.