Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Notes Duplicating

I've been having an issue with my iPad Air 2.

Whenever I update a note on my Macbook Pro, it creates a completely new note on my iPad. It keeps the old unedited note, but also creates a new note with the edits and such. Now I've tried turning off notes in iCloud on both my Macbook and my iPad, and restarting them, but that doesn't do anything.
I've tested to make sure it's only happening on the iPad, and it is. I can edit notes on my iPad and my Macbook just updates the note instead of creating a new note.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

A big thank you to anyone who tries to help me (:

Also, just as a side note, this has been happening for a while and isn't due to the OS update.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:32 PM

3 replies

Jun 30, 2015 6:07 PM in response to Rysz

I think I figured it out, let me know if this works for you.

I'm not sure how to do this on Windows, but on OS X Mavericks, you go into iTunes and at the top of the screen, click on "iTunes" and then click "preferences".

After that, it'll open up a new window. Click on the tab that says "devices" and click the box that says "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from automatically syncing"

That fixed it for me I think.

Edit: I downloaded iTunes for my Aunt & Uncles computer and it's pretty much the same process. Just open iTunes and at the top left corner there will be a box icon that is half black, and half empty with an arrow point downwards next to it. Click on that and then just follow the process above. (Just in case you or anyone else who stumbles upon this uses Windows.)

I hope that helps you! (:

iPad Notes Duplicating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.