Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Accidentally deleted a plug-in!

In Logic Pro 9, I had the Voice -> Female Voice -> Female Creamy Lead plug-in inserted in a channel on the mixer. I wanted to remove it and instead of indivudally removing the different effects, I clicked on the "Female Creamy Lead" label on the top of the mixer chanel and selected Delete. I though it would just remove all of the effects, but instead, it is gone from my system. I tried Undo to no avail. It did put up a dialog box, which I am sure, was warning me about what I was about to do, but like an idiot, I just clicked on the Delete button.

I closed my project without saving and re-opened it and it is not there anymore. I created a new empty project. Same thing: gonzo!

How can I restore that plug-in??

Thanks!

Mac Pro

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:04 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 10:07 PM in response to KoryH

It's not a plug-in... it's a track preset that loads a configuration of plugins, EQ, on my older system they're located here:

Library/Application Support/Logic/Channel Strip Settings/Track/xx Voice/Female Voice

Above: xx = a number (varies according to your Logic version usually 06 Voice.

I'm on a older version of both the operating system and Logic, (Snow Leopard and Logic 9) hopefully they're still located in the same place, Channel Strip Settings have an extension of .cst the preset will look like this: Female Creamy Lead Vocal.cst

You will have to have someone running Logic 9 email/dropbox it to you. Or, if you have an Apple store nearby take a thumb drive in and copy it over to re-install on your system.

It's not exactly your fault, many people have deleted track presets as it's not very clear what exactly is being deleted.

Note: I will not send or email system files but I'm sure some kind soul will offer.

Jun 2, 2015 11:13 PM in response to Pancenter

Thanks, Pancenter. I have two macs and I've install Logic on both of them. One if my "real" setup, the other one I goof around with just to learm. If it is merely replacing a file, I can snarf it off the other mac.

I am a bit shocked that it actually erased it. Apple S/W is usually pretty idiot proof.

I tried all of the female presets (see my other thread) and I actually liked my chain better. I can't believe how well I nailed it after reading that article I posted in that thread. Maybe there is hope for be afterall. I was begining to worry. :-)

Help! Accidentally deleted a plug-in!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.