Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to open certain sites over wifi

I noticed from time to time, but it is rare. This one finally got me to post see if I can find why.

Took a trip to San Diego in a car rental. Certain map app, not Apple, got me on a toll road. Fast forward now I got the letter about paying when I didn't pay at the time. I try to log on from my Mac Pro 1.1 running latest Lion and the page for South Bay Expressway Pay By the Plate site won't open. I head the the homepage and it opened once or twice then I get the same issue. I can go to any other site, but that one.

I tried iPad Mini……..same issue.

I booted into Bootcamp Vista with Chrome………sam issue can't open he page.

I tried my iPhone 5S………..still can't open it. I asked a friend to open that page and her iPhone 6 opened it just fine. She was out and about.So I turned off wifi on my iPhone 5S and I was able to open the page. At the time of this post I still can't open that page from my desktop and iPad through my wifi connection. All other sites both secure and public open just fine. No idea what is causing it. At this point it isn't an issue, but I am wondering why. I already rebooted the modem and Airport Extreme. Still can't open it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2SSD2HDD 11GbRAM ATI Rad HD5770

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:28 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to open certain sites over wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.