Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does "redeem code" mean and what do I do?

I am new at purchasing music from iTunes. I have set up my account, verified my credit card and account and chosen my song. Now I have a message that says "Redeem Code" and a a "space" for me to type in a code but I don't know "the" code or a code and cannot move forward. Help!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:28 PM

Redeem codes are used with itunes gift cards, to use one you have to enter the code. You may have chosen the wrong form of payment or you may have a balance on your account from a previously redeemed gift card under that apple id. You can check your balance by going into the itunes store on your ios device, scroll to the bottom and if you are signed in, the balance will be displayed under the apple id. If you don't have a balance available, try the purchase again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2015 10:28 PM in response to Trixiebytes

Redeem codes are used with itunes gift cards, to use one you have to enter the code. You may have chosen the wrong form of payment or you may have a balance on your account from a previously redeemed gift card under that apple id. You can check your balance by going into the itunes store on your ios device, scroll to the bottom and if you are signed in, the balance will be displayed under the apple id. If you don't have a balance available, try the purchase again.

What does "redeem code" mean and what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.