Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library (additional 7.91 GB required). This 7.91 that i apparently need is due to the fact that it is full of photos that apple will not let me delet

The iPhone cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library (additional 7.91 GB required). This 7.91 that i apparently need is due to the fact that it is full of photos that apple will not let me delete…… so i guess the next best thing is to throw pout all the apple rubbish and find a better system that doesn't want to clog your system up or force you to buy more "space"

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1, love to update but due to photos sp

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:21 PM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2015 7:23 PM in response to shelleyfromapplecross

I had photos that iTunes would not delete and I had music that iTunes would not let me delete. I found the following answer to the music and I think it will work for photos.

At the Apple store the answer was to go on the iPhone to Settings, General, usage, and look for the music app icon. Select music, select edit on top right of screen, and choose to delete and that deletes all music off the phone, and frees up the space. The delete action is not instantaneous, it took maybe five minutes to delete 10.6GB. Then coming home I could re-synch and return all my favorite songs and audio lessons. Now instead of having 5GB free, I have almost 18GB free with the music I want on it and am able to manage. Yea !!!!

And maybe that solution would have worked for the "deleted" photo situation many had elsewhere in this discussion group and saved the trouble of changing the date to something last year or two. That does work, but doing the above should be easier. Let us know that it works on photos. Note that deleting deletes all. So you need to resynch after the delete. Always something new to learn!

The iPhone cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library (additional 7.91 GB required). This 7.91 that i apparently need is due to the fact that it is full of photos that apple will not let me delet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.