Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.3 says update cannot be installed because it requires at least 2.1 GB of storage. Does that mean I have to have storage available on my phone or in icloud? I have 11.8 storage available in icloud.

OS 8.3 says update cannot be installed because it requires at least 2.1 GB of storage. Does that mean I have to have storage available on my phone or in icloud? I have 11.8 storage available in icloud.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 9:17 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 9:20 PM in response to t369

Yes, that is referring to storage on the iPhone. iCloud storage is for backup only. If you have minimal storage on the iPhone, connect the phone to the computer and iTunes and update that way. It does not take as much room, as the file will be downloaded to the computer, and unpacked there. Also, your computer's internet connection is generally more stable.

IOS 8.3 says update cannot be installed because it requires at least 2.1 GB of storage. Does that mean I have to have storage available on my phone or in icloud? I have 11.8 storage available in icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.