Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed to copy full size (original size) pictures from Photos app to Mac's folder

Can any one help? Why when I import pictures from my iPhone 5 to Mac in the Photos app, they get imported without resizing (in their original sizes), but when I copy them in the Photos app and paste them in a folder on my Mac, they get their names changed and resized to smaller sizes?

For example, a picture named "IMG_1483.JPG" with a size of 2.5MB, after I copy it and paste it to a folder on my Mac changes its name to "thumb_IMG_1483_1024.jpg" and changes its size to 323KB.

How to solve this problem? I want pictures to keep their names and sizes when they get copied from the Photos and pasted to my Mac.

Thanks a lot every one in advance for any help.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 12:27 AM

Are you using export in the photo app?

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 12:41 AM in response to Rockodan

Usually, I don't use export. I always used to just copy and paste the pictures. But even now when I tried to export the pictures from the Photos, them still get resized. For example, the same picture with the size 2.5MB I mentioned earlier, gets resized to 2.1MB when exported to a folder on my Mac. I would like to make this resizing does not happen when I export them to my Mac folders. How to do it?

Failed to copy full size (original size) pictures from Photos app to Mac's folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.