Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird marks on iPhone 6 Screen

I was on my way home from my morning commute yesterday when I looked down at my iPhone 6 screen and saw what appeared to be two small smudge marks. I went to wipe them away, but they didn't move. So I tried again, this time a little bit harder, and still nothing. I came to the realization that these "marks" seem to permanently be inside my screen. I don't know whether to call them light spots or dark spots because it depends how well you can see them based on what colors are being displayed on the screen.

I really don't think these marks can be attributed to water damage. I just purchased the phone this past Sunday on May 31st and it has not been submerged in any depth of water. Yes, I had it in the rain yesterday, but it was in no way pouring outside -- just misting. I have held my past iPhone's in rain before without any type of problem.

Picture is below of the marks on my screen (the two marks are towards the upper right hand corner, ignore the reflection of my lamp in the middle of the screen). I hope I will be able to take this into the Apple Store once I go for my appointment on Friday night to get a replacement.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Just purchased on Sunday, 5/31

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 3:13 AM

1 reply

Weird marks on iPhone 6 Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.