Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I delete or re-download broken tracks?

I downloaded a few albums on my laptop through iTunes, and of course the iTunes on my desktop said I was up to date (when it didn't have the new albums) ever time I tried to check for available downloads.

So, I went into the iTunes Store manually and went to the Purchased section, found the new albums under "Items Not In My Library," and chose to download them. A few, however, gave me errors when I tried to get them.

Now, my problem is that they show up as "broken" in my library, but are not in the "Not In My Library" list, so I can't download them that way. I also cannot delete the broken tracks from my library. How can I fix these songs?

I am using the latest version of iTunes (which is utter garbage).

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 11:45 PM

2 replies

Jun 3, 2015 12:07 AM in response to Jon_Cake

If they show in the My Music part of your library are you able to select/highlight them there and delete them so that they reshow in 'not in my library' ? If they are greyed out there then do you have the downward pointing arrow towards the top right of the iTunes screen e.g.

User uploaded file

If you do then click on it and it should open a popup window with downloads that are happening (or queued, paused, stopped). Can you restarted their downloads from that screen, or select/highlight them and delete them so that they reshow in 'not in my library' ?

Why can't I delete or re-download broken tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.