Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP needed asap!

I was in the process of transferring a video on my iPod (to a PowerPoint presentation) in itunes and somehow ALL of my files and everything were replaced with my brother's. Itunes shows my account, but my brother's iPod name and files come up and mine are nowhere to be found. Tried to restore, but it wants to restore my brother's files. Any help would be much appreciated!!

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 11:59 PM

7 replies

Jun 3, 2015 1:37 AM in response to TLouis1

You can only sync with one computer/iTunes library. If you switch all the media on the iPod will be erased and replaced with the media in the"new" computer"/iTunes library.

Restore the iPod from a backup of yur iPod

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Jun 3, 2015 2:26 AM in response to Rockodan

No. His brother has his own iPod. When he went to transfer the video something came up that he clicked and the next thing he knew all of his files were gone and his brother's iPod name appeared in place of his - in itunes. His brother's apps and everything are now on both iPods and his are nowhere to be found. When I click on "Account" in itunes his ID is still showing. I've been up all night trying to fix this for him as he needs it for a presentation today. I'm at a total loss.

Jun 3, 2015 4:43 AM in response to TLouis1

Thank you for all your input. Found out he hit the restore button in itunes (I think he was so exhausted he didn't realize what he was doing) and it overwrote his files with his brother's files from his "old" iPod. Unfortunately, he didn't make a backup file, therefore, photos, etc. are gone forever unless I can figure something out. As for the presentation, he's going to have it downloaded again this morning and quickly get it into the presentation the way I explained to him which is much easier. This will definitely be a lesson learned.

HELP needed asap!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.