Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri randomly says No New Messages after new message arrives

I have an iPhone 5s (32GB - GSM) running IOS 8.3 with 1.7GB free. I also have a Jabra Freeway Bluetooth Speakerphone I use in my car with Siri (firmware version 3.30.)

Ever since I installed IOS 8.3, when I receive an incoming text or iMessage, Siri replies "There are no new messages" when I make the request "Read new messages."

If I pick up the phone and press the home button, I can clearly see a new message. Whether I make the request by pressing and holding the home button or the button on my Jabra Freeway makes no difference. Siri will likely read the next several messages, and then fail again. I've made sure than no apps are running, and Siri will still occasionally miss the fact that a new message arrived. The only commonality seems to be that I won't have received a message for a few minutes before it happens.

I asked a buddy who also have an iPhone 5s and a different make and model of Bluetooth speakerphone for his car. He too, has witnessed Siri's occasionally being clueless about a new message since IOS 8.3.

If there's two of us, there might be more, but I couldn't find another thread mentioning this so I'm giving people a place to click "I have this issue too." If anyone has a relatively fix, I'm game to try it. Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 12:04 AM

There are no replies.

Siri randomly says No New Messages after new message arrives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.