Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with my daughters IPAD mini.

Long story short

Daughter forgot password to iPad, forgot password to iCloud, Yahoo account the iPad was setup on is no longer active and erased by Yahoo due to 12months no activity. I tried to reset but iPad is activation locked. I have original box and receipt to prove this iPad was purchased by me. What are my options?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, totally lost. Please help

Posted on Jun 2, 2015 10:35 PM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2015 11:47 PM in response to wmragsdale

If you go to appleid.apple.com, click on the re-set password button (under the blue box to manage apple id) You have two ways to authenticate, email or security questions. If your daughter can remember her security questions, she will be able to answer the questions and be able to get in and re-set her password. Also if she had a rescue email, the email authentication will go there. (usually children have a parents email as the rescue email) You have to be able to sign into icloud if it is activation locked with "find my ipad", so you have to get that password re-set.

If you are unable to use either options as authentication, you can call apple support, provide your proof of purchase and they will be able to override the activation lock..

Problem with my daughters IPAD mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.