Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one bar per page is printing from the score editor?

I am creating a song and want to print the score, however the score is 90 pages due to the fact that only one bar is being shown per page. Is there anyway to shrink or condense the score in order to fit more in per page?User uploaded file

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:48 AM

There are multiple factors that determine the appearance of the score print out. It is a little bit complex, because each element changes the outcome and you have to be aware of all of them.

I explain all the details in a very easy to understand way in my manual "Logic Pro X - The Details" in its own Music Notation chapter on almost 100 pages.

Here are the elements that determine the print out:

1. Page Setup: Before you even open the Score Editor to prepare your print out, you should set the Paper Size and Orientation in the Page Setup window.
  2. Score Set: For each Score Set, you can set a Scale factor in the upper right corner determining the zoom factor of the appearance, and therefore, how much stuff (bars) fit on one page/lin
  3. Project Settings - Score: You have the parameter "Maximum Bars/Lines" that also affects the appearance
  4. Formatting: You have various formatting Tools in the Score Editor that let you "fine tune" the line returns and page returns.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 11:48 AM in response to Lachlan481

There are multiple factors that determine the appearance of the score print out. It is a little bit complex, because each element changes the outcome and you have to be aware of all of them.

I explain all the details in a very easy to understand way in my manual "Logic Pro X - The Details" in its own Music Notation chapter on almost 100 pages.

Here are the elements that determine the print out:

1. Page Setup: Before you even open the Score Editor to prepare your print out, you should set the Paper Size and Orientation in the Page Setup window.
  2. Score Set: For each Score Set, you can set a Scale factor in the upper right corner determining the zoom factor of the appearance, and therefore, how much stuff (bars) fit on one page/lin
  3. Project Settings - Score: You have the parameter "Maximum Bars/Lines" that also affects the appearance
  4. Formatting: You have various formatting Tools in the Score Editor that let you "fine tune" the line returns and page returns.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Only one bar per page is printing from the score editor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.