Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yesterday my password no longer worked so I updated it and received the message your Apple ID password has been reset. Today I could not login with my Login ID. Details noted in the first reply listed below...

Hi,

i have a Mac Air that seemed to take on a life of its own yesterday. It no longer accepted my password so I had to change it. It no longer accepted my Login ID so I had to change it. Since changing my password I now have boxes showing up with a gold lock on that says "com.apple.internetaccounts wants to use the "login" keychain. As far as I know I do not have a login "keychain". I have the option of selecting the cancel button or the ok but the cancel button switches me to "accounted wants to use the "login" keychain..then another one shows up and another. I have rebooted the computer and always ends up back her. I can not access the internet when I try a disc shows up indicating the computer is trying to do something. Wow! Everything was running smoothly yesterday and today it feels like the computer has taken on a life of its own. I have yet to use a 'login keychain'. I tried to key in my new login password in these particular boxes for my computer but it is not accepting it. Right now I am unable to use my Mac Air.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 6:21 AM

I think we have all stumbled onto a bug in the OS. This morning when I turned on my MBA it went to a long startup screen then a message popped up that asked me if I had forgotten my password or if my keyboard did not work when I typed my password or another question I now forget. It then wanted me to reset my password. The first thing I thought was a virus or a hack. I rebooted 3 times and it did the same thing all 3 times. I then reset my password and of course it made me reset my keychain password as well. I came here looking to see if this was a known issue but this is as close I get to it. I found some information on an external forum but really wanted to see what our forum had to say. Anyone got info?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 6:21 AM in response to dmacneilITZ

I think we have all stumbled onto a bug in the OS. This morning when I turned on my MBA it went to a long startup screen then a message popped up that asked me if I had forgotten my password or if my keyboard did not work when I typed my password or another question I now forget. It then wanted me to reset my password. The first thing I thought was a virus or a hack. I rebooted 3 times and it did the same thing all 3 times. I then reset my password and of course it made me reset my keychain password as well. I came here looking to see if this was a known issue but this is as close I get to it. I found some information on an external forum but really wanted to see what our forum had to say. Anyone got info?

Jun 18, 2015 6:52 PM in response to dmacneilITZ

HI,

same thing for me- I'm in password changing **** for my new MacBook Air 2015-

II've had to change the blanking passwords so many times in the past two weeks of owning this I can't keep

any of the changes straight!

today went to turn on computer and can't get past the login screen.

no password works. A bubble pops open and says

"this account uses an iCloud password" blah blah blah-

"use another device to change password at appleid.apple.com"

i did that- works on my phone but not on my MacBook.

so frustrating. I'm not at all living iCloud and all its vague interferences!

any ideas about how to gain entry into my own computer???

thanks!

Jun 24, 2015 5:43 PM in response to emmettfromga

I wish I could remember how i solved the Kafka-esque problem i had with my login locking me out, but after hours of playing around with passwords

taking notes, looking through everything I possibly could get access to by rebooting and going into the OS (which I have NO idea what to do there) then-

I put the computer to sleep and walked away from it for 4 days out of complete frustration.

Whether it was approaching the situation with a fresh less frustrated state of mind- or something in the system corrected itself, I tried a few passwords and one of them worked. Made no sense as it was a password I had tried over and over 4 days earlier.

This isn't much help to others with this problem- but all i can say is it must have been a glitch that was corrected somehow in the time that I walked away from it.

I would be a terrible Apple computer repair person with my solution!

I hope this never happens to me again.

Jun 29, 2015 7:34 AM in response to dmacneilITZ

I lost a device so I need to change my Apple ID password only but not my Apple ID(email).

I have been trying for a week to get it to recognize my updated PW on my iPhone or MacBook Pro. I even changed the # of characters in the PW. I can not trick iCloud into recognizing a new password. However, when I check my account the PW length is changed. Crazy! On my Mac I even deleted my old cloud account (settings/icloud/delete account) as recommended. Then I tried signing back in with my same Apple ID/new PW. Nope. Not working. I have tried waiting a few days for the system to reboot and the stars to realign (praying meanwhile). Nope new PW doesn't work. With version #2 of my new PW, the system rejected it as a new PW because I had used it in the last year even though the system never recognized that as a PW either. I am freaking. My new mini iPad delivers today. I want to set it up using new PW #3. The nerd pros (said with affection) keep telling users to be more security conscious and change our PWs often. This is why we do not follow their advice because we can not.

I need a roadmap on how to make the system forget my old PW and accept my new PW. Apparently, I am not alone based on the number of posted comments on this topic.

Apple, are you listening? We should all be named Taylor Swift. :-)

yesterday my password no longer worked so I updated it and received the message your Apple ID password has been reset. Today I could not login with my Login ID. Details noted in the first reply listed below...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.