Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s not recognised by Macbook Pro 2015.

Hello,

My iPhone 4S is not recognised by a new macbookpro 2015 model. It's been like this since January and I am now tearing my hair out.

Have done everything on this list from Apple titled "if you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac". Have restarted iphone and Macbook Pro, deauthorised account, reauthorised account, removed and reinstalled iTunes and brought a new connection. Macbook doesn't even charge the iphone when connected. I am getting so frustrated and wishing I had never stuck with Apple products as it's been a huge waste of time. I can't back up my phone and I desperately need to (need to get voicemails for legal purposes off there too). There is no space on my phone so it is pretty much rendered useless and it's now been four months with no help or guidance from Apple.

Please does anyone else have any other suggestions that may work?

Thank you very much.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 3:39 AM

4 replies

Oct 1, 2015 12:11 PM in response to Aps26

Having similar issue. Just plugged my old iPhone 4s into my new Macbook Pro and I get 30-40 messages in rapid succession saying it cannot connect to my device. The phone keeps making a "beep" sounds every few seconds over and over as it connects and disconnects. I can't even plug in my iPhone 4s via USB without iTunes running to charge it from the computer. It still, beeps every few seconds and it connects and disconnects constantly.

What the heck is going on? I've tried this connection with 3 different cables, so it isn't the cables. I've tried connecting the phone to either of the 2 USB connectors--no difference. This is TERRIBLE. I cannot back up my old phone in order to copy my data, etc to my new phone! This is something I would expect from a Windows machine, not an Apple-to-Apple product connection!!!!

Iphone 4s not recognised by Macbook Pro 2015.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.