Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!! Inaccurate Reading of Battery

hello, 🙂

I recently bought a brand new macbook pro 13" retina early 2015 and this is my first macbook so i don't know my way around it yet. Today i noticed that the reading of remaining battery power is fluctuating i.e. at 86%, the battery remaining shows 12:02 and then at 80% battery, the battery remaining is 12:12. The charging is OK(i'm not really sure how long it should take but it's charges up pretty quickly) and i'm getting about 7 hours of usage. So, i was wondering if i can fix this myself or need to go to an I.T to get it fix.

Thanks in advance 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:40 AM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 6:42 AM in response to Kiroberos

The estimated battery life reading is based on current use when you look. If your computer is sitting doing nothing and you look you’ll see a higher number then if your computer is applying filters on a set of photos in Photoshop and you look. For example, at the moment I’m just typing here and saw 11:18 remaining. Now I've got a movie playing in a window and my time has dropped to 10:12 and after quitting the movie it rebounded to 10:51 and will probably go up again as I continue to watch (which I won’t). And yes, I too get about 7 to 8 hours of battery in regular use which typically involves browsing, email, word processing, and playing music.

Help!! Inaccurate Reading of Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.