Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just received what looks like a scam email. It is supposedly for a receipt from iTunes that has a product that I didn't buy. The email contains a link to a cancel form and never seen this from iTunes in the past.

I just received what looks like a scam email. It is supposedly for a receipt from iTunes for a product that I didn't buy. The email contains a link to a cancel form and I have never seen this from iTunes in the past. The form asks for your personal details as well as your credit card details, including the security code.

The sender's email address is do_not_reply @ fc7c0c-itunes. com. au. This not the regular email address from iTunes. Has anyone else received this type of email?

<Email Edited by Host>

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:02 AM

104 replies

Aug 1, 2017 4:26 PM in response to FoamControl

Fake. While someone put some time into making the email look like it came from the App Store, there are a lot of errors.

Here's a real one for an item I recently purchased.

1) The Apple logo is solid black, not an ancient version from the earlier Aqua days of OS X.

2) It says Receipt, as it should. Tax Invoice makes little sense.

3) There is no such wording of Issues with this transaction?

4) There in no link to get a refund. If you were to hover your cursor over the link in your email, I guarantee you it will go nowhere near /idmsa.apple.com/ The purpose of the link (and of the entire email) is to get you to enter your Apple ID and password at whatever bogus web site it goes to.

User uploaded file

Aug 13, 2017 6:53 PM in response to brianretired

I just got a similar message. When I went to cancel the so called order, I realized it was fake. Just to be sure I changed my password.

User uploaded file .
User uploaded file
Dear

This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription

Name of Subscription: Pandora Premium Plan
Application: Music & Radio
Content Provider: Pandora Media, Inc
Date of purchase: 13 August 2017
Subscription Period: 3 month
Price: 97.99
Payment Method: X-Pay

The subscription period will automatically renew unless you turn it off no later than 48 hours before the end of the current period. To cancel auto-renewal or manage your subscriptions, click below and sign in.

You can cancel a Subscription at any time: Cancel / Refund Subscriptions

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptions?mt= 8&familyId=20224143

Regards,
The iTunes Store team

Nov 4, 2017 9:00 AM in response to AAredeyekiller123

Don't post your email address (unless you really like spam emails), you already know, having read previous replies on this thread, that we are just fellow users.

If you mean that you are being asked to contact iTunes Support (if you are then I'm not sure why you've chosen this unrelated thread to post on) you should do so : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

Mar 28, 2017 1:31 PM in response to brianretired

Email address came from - ldmcdndpm@ccmx01.msmary.edu When I clicked on the link if you didn't make this purchase please click this link and I get a link to a site that its in another language? says it is for

Maze Walk VR, Small Token Pack
Report a Problem
In-App Purchase Robyn's Phone $20.00

I do not have a phone or know anyone that would purchase from Robyn's phone... Please advise

Apr 9, 2017 1:58 AM in response to brianretired

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please below email that I receive.

From: icloud.copyright.mailservice@monitor.notice.apple.ssl.com

Apple Store

Organization: Apple
Apple Update Billing

Your billing statement is ready to be viewed.

To view your statement:

- if you initiated this download , you can disregard this email , it was only sent to alert you in case you did not initiate the download yourself

- if you did not initiate this download , please cancel the transaction this purchase

Note: If you are paying by credit card, your card will be charged ten days or later after the invoice date.

instructions on how to read the PDF and to ensure a quality user experience.

Thank you,
The Apple Online Services Team

This is a mandatory service communication. To set your contact preferences for other communications .

This message was sent from an unmonitored e-mail address. Please do not reply to this message.
Privacy | Legal

Apple Office
One Apple Way
Since 1976-2017

I thought at the time it was from the Apple Store and I click on the link without realising it did not come from Apple after I check it out a little further as well as to make sure any payment were made from my bank account. Then I notice that the email was a Hoax email or scan.

I hope that can let ALL apple user about this scam and look into this matter further. Thank You.

Kind Regards

Colin Fitzpatrick

May 30, 2017 11:33 AM in response to brianretired

Yes, I received a similar email with a pdf attachment for an iTunes app called"Clash of Clans, Box of Gems" charging me $39.87. It stated that "If I did not authorize this purchase, please visit iTunes Payment Cancellation (blue tinted by me to represent a link "[http://bit.do/reKs01]"). It has been closed as: "reported as spam or malicious" and their Domain was

"https://account-serv.updatehttps://account-serv.update/

Jul 16, 2017 1:38 AM in response to brianretired

The same happened to me a few days ago. Forward it to the police (find local website online), abuse@icloud.com, reportphishing@apple.com and any other anti-phishing email addresses you can find. Then delete it from your computer - make sure it has been completely eliminated in case there's a bug attached. You won't hear anything more from them - but if you do just forward it again and delete.

Jul 24, 2017 9:50 AM in response to brianretired

We have received 2 emails in the past 2 days that were scams trying to get our information one came from

service@westgatespace.***

Please let legal know that this email address is trying to get information from users. I cannot find the other email that we received about purchases in Texas that also turned out to be a scam.

<Email Edited by Host>

I just received what looks like a scam email. It is supposedly for a receipt from iTunes that has a product that I didn't buy. The email contains a link to a cancel form and never seen this from iTunes in the past.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.