Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean Ram in iPhone 4S

Lately, my iPhone is slow.

I downloaded the apps CM Security and Battery. Both have emptied clean the Haram.

Ram and cleared it fell to 33% usage. I opened the app again, you should see the amount of utilization of the Ram and saw it jumped to 60% + use.

How do I arrange it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 5:38 AM

Delete those apps. They are useless. iOS manages memory most efficently when you don't interfere.

See this article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/128130/htg-explains-why-its-good-that-your-computers-ra m-is-full/

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 6:19 AM in response to matan401

matan401 wrote:

Lately, my iPhone is slow.

I downloaded the apps CM Security and Battery. Both have emptied clean the Haram.

Ram and cleared it fell to 33% usage. I opened the app again, you should see the amount of utilization of the Ram and saw it jumped to 60% + use.

How do I arrange it?

You've got it backwards. Here's how it should be:

• High RAM utilization = good
  • Low RAM utilization = bad

If you force utilization to be low it will slow down your phone; every time you want to use an app it will have to load into RAM, which takes time, because storage is much slower than RAM. iOS is a Unix derivative, and Unix has the world's best memory management. It should, because it was first developed 40 years ago, and has been constantly refined since then.

If you still want to keep utilization low (which, as I said, is a bad idea), you don't need any 3rd party apps:

• Press HOME once, then double-press it to bring up the Quick Launch screen
  • Kill each app you see by flicking its screen image up. Continue until all apps except the Home screen are closed
  • Press HOME once, and wait about 2 minutes for all apps to finish shutting down
  • Turn the phone off by holding the SLEEP button until Slide to power off appears, and do so
  • Wait another minute for it to finish the shutdown
  • Turn the phone back on by holding the SLEEP button until an Apple logo appears.

This will remove all apps from RAM.

Clean Ram in iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.