Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bullet points in Pages?

Could someone please tell me how I add bullet point to pages? Basically I want to type and it automatically gives me the next bullet point and also I wish to bullet point types sentences without having to add them manually?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 5:58 AM

Hi Joner,

Your profile shows Mac OS X 10.7.5

Is that correct? If correct, you are using Pages '08 or Pages '09. If you are on a later version of OS X, perhaps you are using Pages 5.

In the various versions of Pages, there are differences in how you manage bullets. Please reply with the Pages version on your machine (in Pages, Menu > Pages > About Pages).

More information will lead to a solution 😉.

Regards,

Ian.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 5:58 AM in response to Joner2

Hi Joner,

Your profile shows Mac OS X 10.7.5

Is that correct? If correct, you are using Pages '08 or Pages '09. If you are on a later version of OS X, perhaps you are using Pages 5.

In the various versions of Pages, there are differences in how you manage bullets. Please reply with the Pages version on your machine (in Pages, Menu > Pages > About Pages).

More information will lead to a solution 😉.

Regards,

Ian.

Jun 3, 2015 7:29 AM in response to Yellowbox

Hi Joner,

In Pages 4.3 (Pages '09) use the Inspector to format your document. Select the paragraphs where you want bullets. Choose a bullet type.

User uploaded file

Inspector > Text > List > Bullets & Numbering

• This is a bullet paragraph with Text Bullets.
  • This is a bullet paragraph with a space typed after the bullet.
  • This is an automatic bullet paragraph that I want as a plain (no bullet) paragraph.

To remove a bullet, click after the bullet and press the delete key.

• This is a bullet paragraph with Text Bullets.
  • This is a bullet paragraph with a space typed after the bullet.

This is an automatic bullet paragraph that I want as a plain (no bullet) paragraph, so I just pressed the delete key.

Please call back with further questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Bullet points in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.