Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it safe to buy apple products from amazon.com

is it safe to buy apple products from online shoping sites like amazon.com. Are the products authentic because they are selling the products at a lower rate.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 6:06 AM

Normally Amazon products are fine. You should strongly consider buying direct from Apple, the reason is because when you buy from another reseller you are sacrificing many privileges such as if there is a problem you can return the machine within 14 days for ANY reason.

If money is your consideration then purchase an Apple refurbished machine, these have no downside! They are identical to new, come with the same warranty as new and eligible for AppleCare and can save hundreds of dollars! You can find them on Apple's online store, in the USA, click here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 6:06 AM in response to Ujjwal@24

Normally Amazon products are fine. You should strongly consider buying direct from Apple, the reason is because when you buy from another reseller you are sacrificing many privileges such as if there is a problem you can return the machine within 14 days for ANY reason.

If money is your consideration then purchase an Apple refurbished machine, these have no downside! They are identical to new, come with the same warranty as new and eligible for AppleCare and can save hundreds of dollars! You can find them on Apple's online store, in the USA, click here.

Jun 3, 2015 5:41 AM in response to Ujjwal@24

I've bought a Mac mini via Amazon. It was (at the time) a recently discontinued model. It was complete, unopened, in its Apple packaging with all accessories and documentation (not, I should point out, that you get much in the way of documentation these days).

There are some current products a slightly lower prices - I'd expect them to be OK

is it safe to buy apple products from amazon.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.