Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP4 not going onto my iTunes (iMac Yosemite)

I have a video sent to me by someone using a windows computer (.mp4), and it wont let me drag and drop this into my iTunes like I can do with all other .mp4 files I've ever come across, if anyone knows why, or how to fix this it would really help. I've managed to view the video in VLC but I would like to put it on my iPhone, and as far as I know VLC doesn't have that option.

Thank you.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 9:28 AM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2015 9:32 AM in response to Undone Laces

VLC is known for being able to play just about anything. I would not be surprised if iTunes has problems with some versions of mp4.

First, are you positive it isn't being added? Sometimes files get added but not with the labels you expect, so the best way to check is to look at Recently Added playlist.

If this really is one of those versions iTunes does not like then you will have to convert it (quality loss too) to a format playable in iTunes. Will the file even play in Quicktime?

MP4 not going onto my iTunes (iMac Yosemite)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.