Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with IOS Notes

I am not sure you can answer this but I am unable to locate category for my issue in ASC AND I get no response from the iPad ASC. I am having an issue with the NOTES APP on my iPad. I have created a Note in the APP to remind me of certain events. But after a certain amount of time, the Note is ni longer retrievable and disappears. Is there a time limit to how long A NOTE will remain in the NOTE APP? I know that my wife created a note in the APP to remind her of important logins and passwords and she does not experience the problem I am having. I there a setting that I must configure not to eliminate notes I create?

if you are unable to answer, could you please direct me to the proper ASC Group? Thank you

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Apple TV, iPod (80GB), iPad (3rd G)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 1:35 PM

You ARE in the iPad forum now. I don't know if you posted elsewhere and someone asked a host to move your post here, but here you are.

Unfortunately, I don't think that I can give you a definitive answer as to why this is happening. I assume that you using iCloud to sync your Notes. IMO, any time that you rely on the cloud, things can get a little flakey. however, why you would be losing this one particular note is even more of a mystery.

To answer your question about a time limit, no, there is not a time limit or a setting that can prevent you from losing or keeping a note. If you are using Notes in iCloud, you might want to also post here.

iCloud on my iOS device

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 1:35 PM in response to Darrell R Coe

You ARE in the iPad forum now. I don't know if you posted elsewhere and someone asked a host to move your post here, but here you are.

Unfortunately, I don't think that I can give you a definitive answer as to why this is happening. I assume that you using iCloud to sync your Notes. IMO, any time that you rely on the cloud, things can get a little flakey. however, why you would be losing this one particular note is even more of a mystery.

To answer your question about a time limit, no, there is not a time limit or a setting that can prevent you from losing or keeping a note. If you are using Notes in iCloud, you might want to also post here.

iCloud on my iOS device

Jun 3, 2015 6:26 PM in response to Demo

DDemo,

thank an you for responding. I did submit this issue to both iPad and IOS APPS ASC,but since you are from iPad ASC, it only means IOS APPS has failed to reply. I can not understand what is going either. I think I reported that my wife created a NOTE on her iPad over four months ago and her Note is still on her iPad , where I have had to recreate the same note three times in four months because my Note keeps vanishing. and if there is no setting, then I haven't changed (fat-fingered) anything by mistake. I have gotten an email with the items on my note listed, but there was no instruction as to what would happen if I deleted the email or kept it. After I deleted the email I kept going back to NOES to see if my Note had vanished but itwas still there. Only after I went to update some information did I find that my note was no longer there. I guess I will have wait to see if IOS APPSTORE can offer an explanation. If they do, I will update you.

thanks again for assistance,

DArrell

Trouble with IOS Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.