Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5c using internet when charging

Let me preface by saying this is not an issue of data charges/usage in which the solution would be "turn off data and use wifi."

The issue is i am unable to identify what exactly my iphone5c is downloading or accessing while charging and the screen is locked. I noticed last night when it felt like someone was using a data intensive app on my connection. After disconnecting all of my wifi devices i isolated the 5c and when turned off, my wifi acitivy (on my router) stoped. When 5c was turned back on, it doesn't immedately resume data consumption however, after i resume charging after some time (when phone enters lock screen) my network activity via router shoots up again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there maybe some update that only performs when phone is charged 100% but still plugged in?

If any thoughts or suggestions i would appreciate it.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 7:45 AM

3 replies

Iphone 5c using internet when charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.