Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export a file made on my Mac into a folder I can then access in WIN7 running in Boot Camp?

This has probably been recently asked and answered. The only things I have been able to find go back several years. I'm hoping, in the interim, an answer has been found that doesn't involve third party software.

I'm using Osirix (Mac only) to annotate DICOM images. Once those images are annotated, I'd like to just export them into a folder on my Boot Camp partition. That's because I need to use a proprietary, Windows only, program to finish my work on those files. My current workflow is to export to a flash drive. I have Dropbox, but I'd rather not use it for this purpose.

I'm on a Mac Pro Retina early 2013 with Yosemite 10.10.3. My Boot Camp partition is running WIN7.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 8:34 AM

Windows has read-only access to files on the OSX file systems, if they are JHFS+. If they have been converted to CoreStorage LV/LVG set up, these can be reverted, if allowed. Once you have access to files, copy to them to local Windows partition (you cannot write to them without a third-party NTFS software directly on OSX partitions).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Robert Sponsler

Windows has read-only access to files on the OSX file systems, if they are JHFS+. If they have been converted to CoreStorage LV/LVG set up, these can be reverted, if allowed. Once you have access to files, copy to them to local Windows partition (you cannot write to them without a third-party NTFS software directly on OSX partitions).

How can I export a file made on my Mac into a folder I can then access in WIN7 running in Boot Camp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.