Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 10.4 doesn't play audio in 2x speed

It was great to play lectures in 1.5x or 2x speed and cover the material quickly. But now, with upgrade to Yosemite and Quicktime 10.4, if the speed is increased, the audio gets muted. 😟

Any workaround, or solution to this problem??

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Quicktime

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 9:32 AM

Holding the Option key and use the J-K-L keys. Will increase or decrease speed by + or - 1/10 (i.e. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.) to a max of 1.9. Yeah, this is different than with QuickTime 7.

6 replies

Jun 3, 2015 11:07 AM in response to AnushaJain

AnushaJain wrote:

Thanks for replying. But hey, I am not talking about differences from QT 7, I'm talking about the latest upgrade from QT 10.3 to QT 10.4

And problem is not with increasing or decreasing speed - it's with the audio while playing in say 2x or 1.5x speed - it gets muted.

Did you try what I suggested? Holding the OPTION key unmutes the audio while playing at faster or slower speeds (tapping J-K-L or clicking the fast forward and fast reverse buttons).

Quicktime 10.4 doesn't play audio in 2x speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.