Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought iPhone 5s from USA and using in Gujarat, India but when I am not in my state the phone does not support the roaming internet, the carrier does

i bought factory unlocked iPhone 5s from USA. I use it in gujarat, india with carieer Idea. When I go out of my state the phone does not support roaming. The carrier does.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 8:52 AM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 10:20 AM in response to Devanshi22

If your date or time are incorrect after arriving, verify Automatic Time Zone is enabled in Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically. Also, make sure your settings have Roaming enabled. Go to Settings > Cellular and make sure Roaming is turned on. You also try manually selecting a network. TapSettings > Carrierand turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear (this can take up to two minutes). Tap the carrier you wish to use. Return to the main Settings screen. This setting may appear only when you’re outside of your carrier’s network and other local carrier networks are available.

iPhone and iPad: Using cellular networks while in another country - Apple Support

Jun 3, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Devanshi22

Devanshi22 wrote:

i bought factory unlocked iPhone 5s from USA. I use it in gujarat, india with carieer Idea. When I go out of my state the phone does not support roaming. The carrier does.

Do you have roaming enabled in the phone's settings? Settings/Cellular - Data Roaming? If it is also not working for voice then it's a carrier issue; call or visit them and make sure roaming is enabled on your account.

Bought iPhone 5s from USA and using in Gujarat, India but when I am not in my state the phone does not support the roaming internet, the carrier does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.