Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does any airports come under a separate name from my primary WIFI so doesn't interfere with my main EE network?

So I upload youtube videos and when I do this it interfere with my main network, because at the moment when I upload on my Imac it slows the internet down on all the other devices connected to the network. So I would like something that would connect to the main internet but not make any difference to the other devices on the same network will the apple airport work? 🙂

iMac, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 3:35 PM

The only reason it would interfere with the main network is insufficient capacity on the upload. Or insufficient speed on the local network.

Give me the data.

What modem do you have now, make and model?? Is this also the router?

What actual upload and download speeds to the internet do you have?

What is the wireless link speed?

You didn't say this is wireless but generally ethernet is better behaved.. wireless is not happy at sharing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 3:35 PM in response to James Pratt

The only reason it would interfere with the main network is insufficient capacity on the upload. Or insufficient speed on the local network.

Give me the data.

What modem do you have now, make and model?? Is this also the router?

What actual upload and download speeds to the internet do you have?

What is the wireless link speed?

You didn't say this is wireless but generally ethernet is better behaved.. wireless is not happy at sharing.

Does any airports come under a separate name from my primary WIFI so doesn't interfere with my main EE network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.