Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am locked out of my Mac Book Pro. It says my account uses an icloud password to sign in. It tells me the password is incorrect by shaking the login box and not letting me sign in. It tells me to go to appleid and change my password. I did.

I am locked out of my MacBook Pro.

It says my account uses an icloud password to sign in.

It tells me the password is incorrect by shaking the login box and not letting me sign in.

When I touch the little question mark in the corner, it tells me to go to appleid and change my password.

I did.

I know the password I am using is correct.

This is a brand new computer, less than 30 days old.

Please help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 1:26 PM

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

3 replies

Oct 6, 2015 3:43 PM in response to abbygg

Have you changed your apple ID? If you have, then your MacBook login is still using the old Apple ID and since you changed it to new one, neither the old nor the new passwords will work. Seriously.

I had the same problem but mine was even worse: my old apple ID was linked to the e-mail that is defunct.

Solution:

1. Log in to My Apple ID https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

2. Click Edit next to your primary email address and change it back to the old one.

3. It will ask you to verify your new(old) email address. You can ignore this step (if the old email is defunct you have to ignore it anyway)

4. Log into your Macbook with the old password. If you don't remember the old password you should reset it in MyApple ID at this point. In that case you need to complete step 3 and if your email is defunct you may be screwed. Luckily I remembered my old pwd.

5. Once you log in go to Settings -> iCloud and sign out of your current (old) account (this will ask you a bunch of questions about deleting local copies on your Mac - it is safe to do so because you will relink these once you have a new account).

6. Under iCloud, create a new account using new email and update which apps you want to sync through iCloud

I highly recommend that you go to Settings -> Users&Groups and unlink your MacBook login password from the iCloud pasword so that this doesn't happen again .

I hope that helps!

I am locked out of my Mac Book Pro. It says my account uses an icloud password to sign in. It tells me the password is incorrect by shaking the login box and not letting me sign in. It tells me to go to appleid and change my password. I did.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.