Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

face time activation - system message sent to 00447786205094 without my knowledge - charged by Vodafone Turkey

I started to use my iPhone 5 - IOS 8.3 purchased in Ireland, with my newly owned Vodafone Turkey gsm operator sim card.

i have noticed that gsm operator charged already 4 international sms messages to the number 00447786205094.

I contacted Vodafone Turkey; their reply is that these charges are sent by iPhone itself to activate facetime and imessage.

that, actually, does not explain fully:

>why 4 times already until i de-activated imessage and face time on my iPhone ( i would probably been charged more if i did not do so )

>why sending messages without my confirmation / wish / will

>why sending not-free sms messages to a British number eventhough i was in Turkey with a Turkish gsm operator sim card

can you please help me to undersand and get me a solution so that i can start using face time and iMessage services while i am in Turkey with Vodafone Turkey sim card

thank you in advance

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 9:50 AM

6 replies

Jun 3, 2015 10:13 AM in response to ckuan

thank you for your message ckuan

so;

> Is the Apple server in the UK? And regardless where you are using your iphone and regardless which sim card you are using, system message is sent to UK number? i really cannot comprehend why to the UK number while i am in Turkey with a Turkish sim card?

> Connecting to Apple server to activate imessage and or face time, does iphone send these system messages every time i activate/de-ativate face time? with the fact that i have already billed for 4 sms messages, it looks that whenever i switch my iphone off and on, iphone keeps "fresh" sending messages to the server in the UK? Am I wrong?

again, thank you Ckuan

Jun 3, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

dear mr Lawrence

thank you for your prompt reply.

i already contacted Vodafone Turkey Support by e-mail and their written reply ( in Turkish, you may not understand ) states that they charge activation fee for iMessage and/or facetime. they also advised me to turn imessage and face time features OFF on my iphone ( which, i did not find that answer very solution focused )

thank you sparing time to reply my post, very kind of you

regards

face time activation - system message sent to 00447786205094 without my knowledge - charged by Vodafone Turkey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.