Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased album is preparing to download but never downloads

Yesterday I purchased the new Jamie xx album In Colour on my new iPhone 6 (which I purchased last Monday). The album immediately went into my downloads folder and now ways preparing to download 3 of the tracks and waiting on the other 8. It has been like this since 7 PM yesterday. This morning I tried to delete the album from my download folder and manually adding the new album to my phone after I had downloaded the album onto my desktop computer but that does not work either. I tired deleting my entire music library and syncing it to my computer and my computer will not transfer the album to my phone. The album still says preparing to download/waiting. If I select a song, certain songs from the album will play after a 5 to 10 second delay even though the song is still listed as not on this phone in my purchased folder.

My two questions are:

A) How can I get this album on my phone?

B) If I am hearing the song and it is listed as not on this phone, am I streaming the song and therefore using up data?

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming advice!

~ Michael

P.S. - This is the first album I have purchased on my new iPhone 6 if that makes a difference.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 10:46 AM

There are no replies.

Purchased album is preparing to download but never downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.