Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Fix Latency Issues With Tracking Live Instruments in GB v10

In mixing a recent project, I noticed I needed to go back and re-track a guitar part that kept sounding a little behind the beat. Every time I just play my guitar through the program, not even tracking yet, I'm hearing the slightest pre-delay between my playing and the audio coming back through the program.

Thus far, I've tried...

1. Turning off wifi on my computer.
  2. Disabling all plugins on all tracks and the master track.
  3. Deleting all non-essential tracks that I can easily recreate (subs, pads, my pseudo "drum overhead" tracks, etc.), getting it from 21 down to 12 tracks.

I'm not seeing any documentation or settings on how this version of GarageBand processes incoming audio, but I saw in another forum that every version before this one had settings for this in the Preferences menu.

Are there any other settings or processing issues I should be looking at? Is my track just too big for my computer's CPU or memory to handle? Any feedback, advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Machine / Memory: iMac / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Garageband Version: 10.0.3 (all stock plugins)

Audio Input Device: Behringer U-Phoria UM2

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 10:35 AM

2 replies

How Can I Fix Latency Issues With Tracking Live Instruments in GB v10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.