Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export all tracks as audio start position

Is it possible to 'export>all tracks as audio files' starting after bar 1? It's a big waste of time and disk space when working on film/tv projects. Cues often start far into the session.

Thanks!

-j

Mac OS X (10.6.7), null

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:20 AM

2 replies

Jun 4, 2015 8:04 AM in response to jeremyz_la

So you want media stems? First, I'd create an Alternative (File > Alternative > New Alternative). Then I'd select the first bar and remove it. Then export all tracks as audio files. One bar on 50 tracks takes up so little space on a drive it's not even noticeable. Why not export XML or AAF back to your editing app? That's a very efficient workflow and saves drive space.

Jun 5, 2015 2:41 PM in response to BenB

Thanks, Ben. I hadn't noticed that 'Alternatives' feature. That's really nice!

Btw, It's not just one bar but hundreds. But Same idea applies. I realized the best thing to do is just start the session at a later time code so there's little preroll to the first cue in the current session reel. For years I've had all my sessions set up so m17=1hr. Realized that isn't the way to go anymore...

Thanks,

-j

Export all tracks as audio start position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.