Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fan makes lot of nice when lot of CPU is used, should I go with my macbook to the store?

I bought a Macbook Pro 13 inch last month.

The fan of my macbook sometimes makes a lot of noise when I use a lot of the CPU. Is this a reason to go to the store with my macbook or is this 'normal' ?

I am a but concerned, that something internal is wrong.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 10:24 AM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 10:52 AM in response to joostjansenn

Probably not a reason to go to the store, yet.

If you are using resource intensive applications and pushing the CPU/GPU to it's limits, that will create heat and the fans will respond to dissipate that heat.

Download and install iStat menus:

http://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/

Open Activity Monitor to ALL PROCESSES and set CPU to display values from high to low.

When the MBP get hot and the fans start spinning, open both applications and post images of them for review.

Ciao.

Fan makes lot of nice when lot of CPU is used, should I go with my macbook to the store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.