Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What causes "iPad disabled Connect to iTunes"?

Hi!

I've just experienced the third "disabled" event with my iPad Mini Retina. Each time it's been on a trip; the first two happened when going through security, and this one occurred a week into a trip after successfully going through security fully turned off and then using the iPad for a week. It was not a case of trying the wrong password too many times; it's always been in my backpack or purse, or a safe, when not in use.

My suspicion is that it may be the case I'm using. It's bendable leather, and has a fold on the front so you can fold the cover backwards and tuck it into a flap to hold the iPad in a slanted position for easier viewing, but I wonder if the fold allows pressure (more likely to happen in a backpack or a purse) to be put on the touch screen while the iPad is in sleep mode, that the iPad interprets as attempts to sign in with a password?

The one trip I've taken where nothing bad happened was when I used a different case without a fold and with a more cushioned construction.

This time I was able to use the Backup approach on my home computer when I got home to unlock the iPad without losing any of the data, but I had to get by on a 16GB iPhone which meant I could not back up the many pictures I wanted to safeguard on the more capacious iPad. Also couldn't watch the movie specially selected to celebrate this trip and downloaded onto the iPad.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'd be curious to know if my suspicions are correct!

Thanks.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:22 AM

There are no replies.

What causes "iPad disabled Connect to iTunes"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.