Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 quick questions

Hi,

1) How do I lengthen the amount of bars in a track?

2) How do I see how long a song is in minutes/seconds?

3) Is there a way to highlight multiples in the sidebar and change settings for them at same time. For example, say I have 5 guitar tracks and I want to mess around finding an EQ for them all, can I highlight them someway in the side bar and when edited all 5 will be edited?

Many thanks for your time.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:25 AM

Which GarageBand version ar you using?

In GarageBand 10.0:

Do you mean the maximal number of bars in the song? Move the "End-of-Song" marker triangle. It may be hidden behind the zoom slider in the upper right corner. Then zoom out a bit, to be able to see it.
User uploaded file

Set the LED display to show the time instead of the project info.

User uploaded file

3) Is there a way to highlight multiples in the sidebar and change settings for them at same time. For example, say I have 5 guitar tracks and I want to mess around finding an EQ for them all, can I highlight them someway in the side bar and when edited all 5 will be edited?

I don't know a way to do that. But you could save the current setting for a track as a new patch and use the same patch for all five tracks.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 11:25 AM in response to Rufio90210

Which GarageBand version ar you using?

In GarageBand 10.0:

Do you mean the maximal number of bars in the song? Move the "End-of-Song" marker triangle. It may be hidden behind the zoom slider in the upper right corner. Then zoom out a bit, to be able to see it.
User uploaded file

Set the LED display to show the time instead of the project info.

User uploaded file

I don't know a way to do that. But you could save the current setting for a track as a new patch and use the same patch for all five tracks.

Jun 3, 2015 9:39 PM in response to Rufio90210

Rufio90210 wrote:

No you can't.

In GarageBand, you can select only one Track at a time. The currently selected Track is the "recipient" of the Patch you click in the Library Window (I think that is what you refer to as the "Sidebar")

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

3 quick questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.