Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 5S - A few questions

I am looking at getting the iphone 5s for my next phone but I have a few questions.

I hear the battery life is shocking, the rival phone I am looking at is the Xperia Z3C, which according to gsm has like double the amount of life, so is battery life as bad as people say it is?

Second is camera, I am looking at the camera quite a bit on these phones and wondering how the iPhone would fair against the Z3C.

Many Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 1:44 PM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2015 2:32 PM in response to XDroidie

Whenever you consider the purchase of a phone, you have to ask yourself, what you you plan to use the phone for on a daily basis?

I have a 5S and it works great for me.

The battery life is not so good? Not the case... I can use the phone all day (web surfing) and go home with 60% battery.

Average runtime from 100% to 20% is about 16-20 hours...

The camera:
Search for comparisons... Here's some shots straight from the phone

It struggles some with backlit objects from the west-setting sun.

Overall, great quality and focal depth, nice colors too.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jun 4, 2015 1:47 PM in response to XDroidie

8.3 has improved some on the battery life.

What do you use your phone for each and every day?

Like I said before 100-20% runtime usually is about 18 hours or so depending on the usage case.

However, are you asking about streaming music (pandora/spotify) or music loaded onto the phone?

Loaded music will use a bit less power than streaming as there's no need to load content from the wifi or LTE.

IPhone 5S - A few questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.