Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 new 15" rMBP with AMD screen shake/flicker

I bought a 15"rMBP with AMD graphics card few days ago and noticed a tiny bit of a shake/tremble at times, and black noise for a split second at times . It is worse when doing detailed work on photoshop but happens while surfing the net too.
I called apple support and they wanted me to do 2 resets which didn't help so sending back for replacement...
However I heard other people, at least 4 people are seeing the same problem, so not hopeful that the new one will be any better.

I tried all solutions I found on the internet, turning off wifi, using 5G wifi, all resets and getting rid of transparency etc etc.. nothing worked so far.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), with AMD graphics card

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:51 AM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2015 2:18 AM in response to ortakcio

I Have the exact same problem and even flicker more if its been on for more then an hr... And even watching youtube... It some how give me a feeling that it flicker less if I unplug the power safe ..the problem is I bought my macbook with amd Gpu not long ago and had it replace for another unit because of a yellowish tint on screen ... Nothing flicker on the first unit ... And now .. I've used the replaced unit for more then 14 days ... What should I do ..

2015 new 15" rMBP with AMD screen shake/flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.