Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know a 3rd party site for updates?

I find it absolutely outrageous that after using and paying for this application since version 1.1 Apple will not allow me download the final iteration it.

There simply MUST be a place to download it.

Thanks

DLS

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.2GHz quad i7/8GB RAM/1GB VRAM

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:52 AM

Which version of Aperture do you currently have?

Have you tried this User Tip?

Updating to Aperture 3.6 After the Release of Photos

8 replies

Jun 3, 2015 2:27 PM in response to léonie

Thanks, léonie. I have 3.4.5, but I'm pretty sure it's was an upgrade from a disk install beginning with 1.1. Somebody somewhere has the DMG, and they will eventually make it available.

I'm not in any distress– unless my 2011 computer dies in the next coupe of weeks. In fact, I'm getting close to being fully migrated to Lightroom. I just think I should have access to the application that I paid for as long as it's supported by the OS, and I shouldn't be punished when I buy a new computer or have a hardware failure.

I'll never buy Photos after the way the Aperture thing has been handled. In fact, I've dumped FCP and Motion and gone back to Premiere and After Effects.

Thanks again

Jun 3, 2015 2:57 PM in response to DLScreative

You could try to contact the App Store Support for help. contact the App Store Support for help: There is a "contact us" link among the Quick Links on the main AppStore page.

Aperture 3.6 is a free update to Aperture 3.4.5. Ask for a Redeem code, so your Aperture registration code can be associated with your Apple ID.

But you'll have to be very persuasive and keep a Proof of Purchase ready.

Jun 3, 2015 3:37 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Keith Barkley wrote:

It sounds like Photos is worth everything you paid for it. 8^)

Brotha, you have no Idea how much time and money I have invested in Aperture. I even paid for a "Train The Trainer" class to become an Apple Certified Trainer because Apple said that they were committed to the pro photography market. Now I've been unceremoniously kicked to the curb along with all the other pros– except I lost more.

DLS

Does anyone know a 3rd party site for updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.