Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Final Cut Pro X installed on the new iMacs useable or is it just a free trial?

I am in the market to purchase a new iMac- 21.5in with upgraded processor & memory. Before I buy I wanted to know if the Final Cut Pro X software that comes preinstalled is useable or is it just a free trial and ultimately I will still need to spend the $300.00 to have that software.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 6:39 PM

To my knowledge Apple only pre-installs Final Cut Pro X when you include it on your order. That means you have to purchase it on the same order as the Mac you are buying. I have never seen trial versions pre-installed on new Macs.

I just checked the online Apple store and the only way to pre-install Final Cut Pro X or Logic Pro X is to actually buy it on the same order as your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 6:39 PM in response to tamarafromfairhope

To my knowledge Apple only pre-installs Final Cut Pro X when you include it on your order. That means you have to purchase it on the same order as the Mac you are buying. I have never seen trial versions pre-installed on new Macs.

I just checked the online Apple store and the only way to pre-install Final Cut Pro X or Logic Pro X is to actually buy it on the same order as your Mac.

Is Final Cut Pro X installed on the new iMacs useable or is it just a free trial?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.