Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i resolve the white/gray screen on my macbook pro

Hi i was working on my macbook pro 17" and i closed the screen down on my return i found that the screen was perpetually in gray white screen mode.

I have tried to resolve the issue by going on may sites and you tube to see if there is a solution to my specific problem but to no avail.

I tried turned off the power button and waited around 15mins and then powered on whilst holding down the alt button..this directed me to the recovery disk yet when its at this point where it doesn't even allow me to enter into the recovery page..it merely just goes back into the white gray screen..im not sure why but im just baffled on why this is happening?

Any suggestions or any advice from you clever people out there as im no that clued up on macs..please help ?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 1:48 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 3:45 PM in response to lllaass

HI Thanks for the info and your message

I have a macbook pro 17" and as you maybe aware the battery pack can be removed only by unscrewing the back panel with all the dang small little awkward screws..

I must say i have attempted the above NVRAM AND PRAM diagnosis but that didnt help at all as it still left me with the gray white screen.

I have read the analysis on a macbook pro it does say for the SMC i have to remove the battery and then turn on the power for 5 seconds etc etc..

but im now thinking should i just take the macbook to the local apple store for them to have a look at it..as im on the virge of throwing the macbook outta the window..😠.

Anything else i can do?

How do i resolve the white/gray screen on my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.