Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect dell monitor to macbook pro 15-inch, Late 2011

Hello!!! I've a DELL model No 52240Mc monitor and i'm wanting to hook it up to a late 2011 15" mb pro. what cable ... and i'm looking to use it AND the pro in unison (one for pallets, emails etc. and other for art board).

greatly appreciate it!!!

kathleen

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 12:25 PM

resolution 1920 by 1080p. It has a single-Link DVI input. Use a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter and a DVI cable.

Macs have always used multiple displays 'right out of the box'. To use both for the same Applications as you described, you will likely have to turn OFF 'Displays have separate Spaces', here:

User uploaded file

and specify (not Mirroring) to get an Extended desktop here:

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 12:25 PM in response to heprand

resolution 1920 by 1080p. It has a single-Link DVI input. Use a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter and a DVI cable.

Macs have always used multiple displays 'right out of the box'. To use both for the same Applications as you described, you will likely have to turn OFF 'Displays have separate Spaces', here:

User uploaded file

and specify (not Mirroring) to get an Extended desktop here:

User uploaded file

connect dell monitor to macbook pro 15-inch, Late 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.