Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhone6 Plus

When trying to sync my iPhone 6 Plus, after many previous successful syncs, I get this message.

"Some of the items in the iTunes library were not copied because they cannot be played on this iPhone"

What's going on?

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 1:05 PM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2015 4:22 AM in response to John Coady

I have this problem too. It affects videos I have optimized myself in the iTunes library. They use X24 codec with variable bit rate.
One day, iTunes says, the items cannot be played on this iPhone, the next day, it is happy to copy the files over to the iPhone 6+.

But it is not entirely efficient to delete the videos every other day from the device and to copy them over the day after again.

The videos do play fine on the iPhone, it is just annoying to get them deleted and copied over again and again and according to Murphy's law, the always are deleted, when the external hard disk drive storing the videos is NOT available.

It really would help, if iTunes could just leave them on the device as long as I do not change the playlist defining wich videos to synchronize.

So if Apple could fix that bug soon, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

iOS 8.3, iPhone 6+, iTunes 12.1.2.27, Mac OS X 10.10.3

Syncing iPhone6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.